Friday, February 29, 2008

WRIT 121 - Winther

WELCOME

This session will cover the following:

How to locate the library website

Why you might use the library databases for research

How to find an appropriate library database for your topic

How to construct a search strategy to find what you need

Where to find statistics

Where to get additonal help for MLA citation

How to get help after you leave today's library session


___________________________________________


Please take a couple of minutes to post a comment about today's library session.

Tell me one or two things that you learned in today's session that you can use for this course.

Just click on the Comments link below to post your ideas. Thanks much! :-)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the database searches were useful.

Anonymous said...

I learned about the use of an asterisk while searching

Anonymous said...

-Easy to find reliable sources
-A lot of stuff, almost overwhelming
-

Anonymous said...

i learnt how to search the library databases.

Anonymous said...

well, the databases were nice for more formal topics definitely, though we had trouble finding anything on my somewhat less conventional topic :P oh well

Anonymous said...

Eat at Benny's

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that the library had this many sources and tools. It seems very easy to find what ever you need, and if you can't the librarians are easy to contact.

Anonymous said...

I found your presentation to be informational. hopefully i can find what im looking for

Anonymous said...

I learned you can use the data base for helping yourself find a topic by just thinking up a subject. And that you can easily find statistics and others sources using the data base

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your presentation today. This is my first experience in the library and have learned many useful things that I will use in this class as well as others.

Anonymous said...

I learned that there many sources that can be access through LCC database that weren't free through Google scholar.

Anonymous said...

I have never used the databases at LCC before. This was very informative and I will help greatly in my research.

Anonymous said...

It was very helpful to become more educated on research methods in using databases to my advantage. I now have a wider understanding of how to use a database.

Anonymous said...

I thought your presentation was very helpful. I never really used the LCC's databases, and you demonstrated well on how to use them. These databases seem alot more reliable than the regular internet sources that I usually use. Thanks alot!