Tuesday, February 26, 2008

WRIT 121 - Kendy

WELCOME

This session will cover the following:

How to locate the library website

Why you might use the library databases for research

How to find an appropriate library database for your topic

How to construct a search strategy to find what you need

Where to find statistics

Where to get additonal help for MLA citation

How to get help after you leave today's library session


___________________________________________


Please take a couple of minutes to post a comment about today's library session.

Tell me one or two things that you learned in today's session that you can use for this course.

Just click on the Comments link below to post your ideas. Thanks much! :-)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the research databases will be very helpful for my future papers!!!

Anonymous said...

learning about the the * key and also known other ways to get help from the labrian.

Anonymous said...

These databases will be useful in this course. They will make finding credible sources easier.

Anonymous said...

I forgot the important details on how to search for specific topics. I learned the important tools and techniques. Today was very helpful for my search topic for my paper.

Anonymous said...

I learn how to trunk words today...YAH! Making words short makes search easier

Anonymous said...

I found it very helpful discovering all of the professional databases. Also, I had never been on the library website before, so that was nice to visit too.

Anonymous said...

i think your instruction will be very helpful to me on my future papers.

Anonymous said...

I found that today was very helpful. It refreshed my memory on what I have to do for citations and how to do searches on topics. Thanks So Much.

Anonymous said...

Today i learned alot on how to find helpful information for different subjects. This information will be very useful on my upcoming papers. very nice...

Anonymous said...

I think that the information I learned will help me in all my papers from now on because I know where I can look for information that is creditable and good for all my papers.

Anonymous said...

I found this to be very helpful. I learned how to collect a lot of credible information on my specific subjects.

Anonymous said...

What is the wing velocity of a western hemisphere sparrow?

Anonymous said...

Learned how to better use the LCC's database for searching topics. Alos learned better ways to searh and narrow down topics.

Anonymous said...

the database info is good to have