Monday, March 17, 2008

WRIT 121 - Tucker

WELCOME

This session will cover the following:

How to locate the library website

Why you might use the library databases for research

How to find an appropriate library database for your topic

How to construct a search strategy to find what you need

Where to find statistics

Where to get additonal help for MLA citation

How to get help after you leave today's library session


___________________________________________


Please take a couple of minutes to post a comment about today's library session.
Tell me one or two things that you learned in today's session that you can use for this course.
Just click on the Comments link below to post your ideas. Thanks much! :-)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the information put out today was very helpful.

Anonymous said...

It was helpfull to learn how to search through the databases and be able to narrow our topics down and find the percise infomantion that we need for a scecific topic.

Anonymous said...

I learned how use the "Advanced Search" option and how to use WilsonSelect Plus.

Anonymous said...

these more "apropriate" sites will benefit me in getting information that will be accepted because they are sites that the college approve of.

Anonymous said...

I felt that the databases were pretty useful for the most part. CQ Researcher was awful and didnt help at all. Wilson was great, havnt used it yet for my subject but i think it will be helpful. Thank you. Definatly doing research when I get home. =)

Anonymous said...

Some of the databases were very helpful, others, however, were not so good. CQ Reasercher didn't help me at all, Wilson and the others seemed to be a lot more helpful. All in all, there are some things that I learned that I'm sure will help me with my paper.

Anonymous said...

I learned how to really narrow down my search and where to look for my topic.

Anonymous said...

i've learned how to search a broad topic by breaking it down to key words until i've found the specific area of interest.

Anonymous said...

I feel that the information that was given to the class today was helpful. I now feel as if I will be able to utilize the sources that the school has provided to us.

Anonymous said...

I learned how to better navigate myself around the databases and how to narrow a topic in. I think it will be useful to use the libarary's homepage also.

Anonymous said...

Your lecture was very helpful because I learned how to use the databases. I tried by myself the other day and was totally lost. You made it very easy and clear and explained everything. I was confused on my topic but since you showed how to browse topics, I think I've found mine.

Anonymous said...

Everything you said today was very useful.

Anonymous said...

I learned searching student* makes you search student, students etc.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@