Monday, February 19, 2007

WRIT 122 -- Humphries

Please post a comment on one of the following:

Explain how you will use one of the library databases to locate a couple of "specialized" sources for your current or future essays. OR

Tell me something new that you learned today in this session and how you might use it in this course.

Click on comments link below to post your response. Thanks.

14 comments:

matt said...

i learned how to find databases

Anonymous said...

thank you for the session, Kim. It's tough to make research interesting, but the library continues to work on it. Bravo.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the help. showing us how keywords and * help narrow the searches down to the right one that we need

Unknown said...

Using an asterisk at the end of a word lets the data base search for multiple ending for that word.

Anonymous said...

I found this to be very helpful. It will make finding topics and sources a lot easier for my next paper.

Anonymous said...

I did not know about all the different search engines.
Thank you

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that there were so many different ways to find information and not only for this class but for everyday life. I will definately use these resources because previous to this i used only newspapers and sites that were allowed by my instructor like michigan.gov. thank you for you help!

Anonymous said...

i had this same thing for 121 last semester and i had forgotten some things so this was a good refresher. thanks.

Anonymous said...

I liked the database called Wilson Select Plus, and I found a few articles that I'm going to use on my essay.

Anonymous said...

It was nice to know what that info trac has changed since the last time that I havwe been on it. One of ther thing that was nice to know was the part about the some words how to link them with the main words that we were searching for. Thanks for all the help by far the best lab that I have had on this. thanks agian

Anonymous said...

I have used search engines and databases in the past to dig up supporting information. I haven't however thought of using the databases to actually come up with a topic. I will start trying to use this method.

Anonymous said...

Tell me something new that you learned today in this session and how you might use it in this course.


I found a lot of different ways to research for my essays, and I don't have to use just "google" because that was the only thing I was using. thank for all of the information!! Everything I found out today I will use for the rest of my papers. It makes this a lot easier!! Thanks for everything!!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely use Ulrichsweb.com to validate my sources. It will be a huge help. Also, I didn't know about truncation (*).

Anonymous said...

Thank you WRIT 122 students! You were certainly a quiet group, but I think that was because you all were concentrating so hard. Good work! Let me know if you need any addtional help.