Tuesday, February 13, 2007

WRIT 122 -- Allen

Please post a comment on one of the following:

Explain how you will use one of the library databases or the library catalog to locate a couple of "specialized" sources for your current or future essays.

OR

Tell me something new that you learned today in this session and how you might use it in this course.

Click on comments link below to post your response. Thanks.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned how to use the * while doing my searches.

Anonymous said...

i learned how to find specialized sources using ulrichs and find articles that are specialized by selecting peer reviewed.

Anonymous said...

well i'm pretty lost and have no clue what i am going to write about.
but the databases seems helpful to not only find sources for topics, but find the topics themselves!

Anonymous said...

today i learned new ways to research databases. i learned that refining my search narrows down the importance of the articles i find. this was very helpful. i also learned about specialized sources. today was very helpful.

Anonymous said...

I learned about some new databases to use. I also found the "pro/con" section useful. And I learned that we can use ulrichs to check if the sources are credible.

Anonymous said...

I learned about new databases i haven't used before.

-Devo

Anonymous said...

the database is great. i wish i knew about it earlier or at least attempted to check it out. i will use the resources for my next paper because they are reliable and credible... lol...

Anonymous said...

I'll definitly use the databases more often! Some of the funtions on a few of the advanced searches always confused me, but now I feel that I know what I'm doing. Also, know about Ulrichsweb.com is going to come in handy. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Kim,

As always, you give excellent information. You gave the students a good reminder to check Ulrichsweb.com for specialized sources. Thank you. Judy

Anonymous said...

The one thing that I learned from this period was the search of details using ulrichsweb to track periodicals. It may be useful in determining the background of the source I am using.

Anonymous said...

I learned how to refine a search on a database. This is very helpful for writing a paper that needs to be more focused.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your help today. I learned alot of new databases that I didn't originally learn in WRIT 121. I liked that in facts it stated if the article was an issue or not that way I can learn about what others are thinking on the subject I am about to write on.

Anonymous said...

There are a few things that I learned in the 122 session that I didn't in the 121 session. I had no idea what a specialized sources was before this session. NOw I know how to use Ulrich to see if the source is indeed a specialized source.

Anonymous said...

hi i learned the we can use ulrichs to see if the sources are indeed credible, but i knew so of the other stuff, but i forgot since last time and now i remember how to do it so that is great and electric cars are wacarnolds and the moniter is 16 inches wide and 13 inches tall.

Unknown said...

Today, in your library review session, I learned a plehera of new and helpful researching ideas. For example, in the database Facts.com, when we checked Issues and Controversies, and then related topics, it brought up a whole new list of related articles. Also, I had never used CQ Researcher before, and never knew that it had a pro/con link. I'm sure that link will come in handy this semester in Writing 122!

Anonymous said...

Thank you WRIT 122 students. I am very happy to hear that many of you have discovered additional databases for your research. Also, looks like many also understand the importance of Ulrichsweb.com. Feel free to contact me if you need additional research help. Good luck with WRIT 122.